Why do you need to know the IP address of your router? You may need to access your router to configure the settings when you create a home network. In fact you really have to do this if you create and set up your own home network. You also may need to find the IP address of your router if you are having network problems.
Each brand has a different modem different Ip address, which will be given when you buy by the provider to the manual or you can search the internet. By typing your router brand and type on the search engine. If you are not familiar with the term network router then you may need to re-learn and hone your skills before reading this article.
Actually this is the basic theory is to know when you want to perform further configuration on the modem or router. Share this article every network technician is arguably less useful, but I just want to share to newbie (beginner) are still in the stage of understanding and learning about the network.
How to Know the Default IP Address Of Modem or Router
For Windows XP usersFollow the instructions below:
1. Click the Start menu and run (select) Run command. Type cmd, and then click OK. as you can see in the picture below.
2. After that, type ipconfig, and then press the ENTER key on the keyboard. And the result will look like the image below. Default Gateway IP address shown in the picture is the default ip address of the modem/router.
For Windows 7 usersFollow the instructions below:
1. Click the Start menu. Type cmd in the Search programs and files, and then click OK. as you can see in the picture below.
With many brands (brand) modem or router on the market especially with a brand new yet familiar. When you as a beginner and want to try to configure modem / router, of course, you have to know the default ip address to be able to log in and log in to the web interface of the device. Here's the link (link) which contains information about the default IP address, username and password of various brands (AZ) and the type of modem or router, please go to here.
Why You Need to Know Default IP Address Of Modem or Router?There are several factors that cause people to need to know the information, such as:
- Want to learn setting up the modem / router with different brand newly purchased
- The device is a modem/router reset because there are technical problems
- Want to change the SSID name and password for a wifi, hotspot
- Adds advanced settings to the modem / router, such as: mac address filter, ddns, virtual servers, URL blocking, port forwarding, etc..