The device is a computer network components that need to create a computer network. Components in the intent is a hardware media. In creating a computer network we need to know the hardware devices, such as cable or wifi device, the Network Interface Card (Network Adapter), Ethernet cards, hubs or switches, repeaters, bridges or routers.
I have to say what the previous understanding of computer networks, well here I will tell the hardware of a computer network. Let us remember that 75% of failures that occur in a computer network is caused due to an error of communication media used includes cables and connectors as well as the quality of the installation. Other factors also influenced by technical and environmental concerns. More will be discussed one by one on any hardware device in a computer network.
Definition and Function NIC, Repeater, HUB, Switch, Router, BridgeComputer networking devices
1. CableMany types of wiring to create a network, however we need to know the standard in use for data communication in computer networks. The types of cables have different abilities. In general there are two types of cables and are often in use in the LAN, which is coaxial and twisted pair (UTP unshielded twisted pair and STP (shielded twisted pair).
2. Ethernet Card/NIC/Network Interface Card (Network Adapter)NIC is a card that serves as a bridge from a computer to a computer network. NIC task is to transform the data flow in a parallel computer bus serial data into a form that can be transmitted over the network media.
The workings of Ethernet cards based on the broadcast networks that each node in a network receives every transmission of data that is sent by a node to another. Every Ethernet card has a 48-bit address known as an Ethernet address (MAC address).
This address is planted in any set of network interface card (NIC) that has been recognized by the 'media access control' (MAC) also known as 'hardware address'.
NIC functions:• Media sender of data to another computer in the network
• Control the flow of data between the computer and wiring systems
• Receiving data sent from another computer through a cable and translates it into bits that is understandable by computers.
3. HubHub is a device that unites network cables from each workstation, server or client. Hub is a network device that works on OSI Layer 1, the Physical Layer. So he just worked no more as a fitting or concentrator alone, and only amplifies the signal in the UTP cable. Know the HUB morbidly MAC Addressing / Physical Addressing and can not sort the data that must be transmitted so that collision can not be avoided from the use of this HUB.
HUB Function:• Facilitate the addition of removal or addition of workstations
• Increase the distance network (functions as a repeater)
• Provides flexibility to support different interfaces (Ethernet, Token Ring, FDDI)
• Offering feature that fault tolerance (Insulation Damage)
• Provide centralized manegement (collection of information, diagnostic).
4. RepeaterRepeater is a tool that serves to extend the range of a WIFI signal is not covered by the signal from the server in order to capture the WIFI signal. Repeater device must be 2 tool, namely to receive signals from the server (CLIENT) and to deploy again Wifi signal (access point).
Repeater serves to amplify the signal by receiving a signal from a segment of the LAN cable then radiate again with the same power with the original signal to other cable segment. With the existence of these devices can range in Zoom out cable.
Repeater Function:• To cover areas of weak signal from the server (transmitter)
• To further the signal from the server (transmitter)
• To facilitate access from Servers Wifi signal.
5. BridgeBridge network is a network component that is used to extend the network or create a network segment. Bridge network operates in the data link layer of the OSI model. Bridge can also be used to combine two different network media, as well as between media cable Unshielded Twisted-Pair (UTP) cable with fiber optic or two different network architectures.
Its function is nearly equal to the repeater bridge is more flexible but has the intelligence of a repeater. The intent is that the bridge can connect networks using different transmission methods such as the bridge connecting the base band and broad band. Bridge can also be used to connect networks using different cable types or different topologies. This network device can also determine the address of each computer.
BRIDGE serves to divide a network into two networks up. BRIDGE set of information between the edge of the network to run regularly.
6. SwitchSwitch is a network device that works on OSI Layer 2, the Data Link Layer. he worked as a fitting or concentrator in the network. Switch familiar with MAC addressing so that it can sort out which data packets will be forwarded to an extent.
Function of Switch:This switch is used as a repeater or amplifier. Serves to connect the UTP cables (Category 5/5e) one computer to another computer. In switches typically are routing, routing itself serves to jump rocks to make a connection with other computers in the LAN.
7. RouterThe router is a network device that works on OSI Layer 3, the Network Layer. In this layer has been known to addressing network using the IP Address, and the router plays an important role as a link or successor data packets between two or more network segments.
A router is able to send data or information from one network to another. Have the same functionality as if not smarter bridge with bridge but the development of this device has exceeded the limits of the technology that is expected guidance.
Router Functions:The router serves as the primary liaison between two or more networks to carry data from one network to another. The difference with the switch is that a switch connecting multiple devices to form a Local Area Network (LAN).
Routers have the ability in the other
Routers can translate information between your LAN and the Internet.
The router will find best alternative path to transmit the data passing through the Internet.
Signaling pathways that regulate efficient and can organize the data that flows between the two protocols.
Can manage data between the network topology
Can regulate the flow of data passing through the fiber optic cable, coaxial cable or twisted pair cable.
Similarly, the computer network devices. I know a lot of flaws in this article but I hope you can understand about the various hardware devices and the network may be a bit of science to the problem of computer network thanks.
8. WirelessWireless is a network that does not use cables, is a technology that connects two devices to exchange media data without wires (using radio waves).
How it works:Data exchanged through the medium of certain light waves (such as infrared technology on the remote TV) or radio waves (such as bluetooth on computer, mobile phone, wifi, etc) with a certain frequency.
Modem stands for modulator demodulator comes from. Modulator is the part that converts the signal information into the signal (carrier) and ready to be delivered, while the demodulator is the part that separates the information signal (which contain data or messages) of the signal (carrier) that received that information be received. Modem is an amalgamation of both, it means the modem is a two-way communication tool.
Each device is a two-way remote communication, typically using a section called "modem", such as VSAT, Microwave Radio, and so forth, but generally the term is better known as the modem hardware is often used for communication on the computer.
How it works:
The data from the computer in the form of digital signals given to the modem to be converted into an analog signal. Analog signals can be transmitted through multiple media such as telephone and radio telecommunications. Upon arrival at the destination modem, analog signals are converted into digital signals and transmitted back to the computer. There are two types of modems are physical, ie an external modem and an internal modem.