For journal managers, need to know, know and understand the application of management journals electronically. This device or tool of this kind are circulating on the Internet. Among them are DSpace, Eprints and the Open Journal Systems. The application is classified as a digital repository tool. On this occasion the author will introduce the management of electronic journals that are categorized as the most popular, the Open Journal Systems.
Open Journal SystemsMany institutions have implemented the Open Journal Systems (OJS) to manage the journal from the start of our submission online, the reviewer, the copy editing, proofreading process, etc. to the manuscript can be published in the OJS. All the process is done online and paperless using OJS.
According to Wikipedia the Open Journal Systems (OJS) is an open-source software for the management of peer-reviewed academic journals, created by the Public Knowledge Project, released under the GNU General Public License. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Journal_Systems, October 2013).
OJS application can be downloaded for free by visiting this address http://pkp.sfu.ca/ojs/ojs_download/
In the management journal with OJS, we can manage with a single model journaling journal or multiple journals. In a single journal, OJS only intended to manage only a single journal. One machine OJS to manage the journal only. While in multiple journals, OJS is used for hosting and managing two or more journals.
In the management of multiple journals using OJS, will each journal that were hosting will have a separate account of the managers, editors, section editors, and others including the account reviewer. Accounts that have the highest level is the administrator in charge of the accounts above.
Generally, in the management of journals using OJS, all the articles can be read independently both the abstract and full text, either in HTML or PDF format. Without the need to login and without the need to pay. It's called the Open Access Journal.
Know Display Open Journal System
- Header journal. Contain the name or logo of the journal and the journal. The good is also included ISSN and EISSN numbers for the benefit of indexing the indexer sites.
- Labels OJS. Name and link the Open Journal Systems and support assistance. It could also be modified by the addition of coding to link to the site manager of the journal.
- The main menu. These menus by default only contains the Home, About, Login, Register, Search, Current, and Archives. Journal managers (manager) can add another menu to set it on the Setup tab. This can be done after logging in as a manager.
- The description of the profile or journal. Contains a brief overview of the relevant journals.
- Journal cover image on the home page. Contains images of the cover of the journal.
- Page footer. Will appear on every page in the footer of OJS journals. Can be changed in the Setup section of the journal.
- Login box. To log in with the username and password have been registered in the journal. This login is used by the entire journal managers, good administrators, managers, editors, section editors, layout editors, copy editors, proofreaders, reviewers, and authors.
- The choice of language. OJS from Public Knowledge Project supports many languages. Select the languages supported in this section.
- The search box. To find articles on OJS archive based on certain keywords.
- Other journals. In OJS with multiple types of journals, if we want to look at other journals that were hosting the OJS we can click on this menu.