The IP address that is given on your computer is used to identify computers on the network. IP addresses can be assigned by a router, ISP or manually by the user. There are several ways in which you might want to know where the IP address, for example, you want to use Remote Desktop Connection to access the computers on your network. unless you know the name of your computer, and you must know the IP address to connect. I will show the following two methods can be used to help you find the IP address of your computer so that you know how to take the time you need it.
An Easy Way to Find the IP Address on Windows 7 OS
Method 1. Use Network And Sharing Center:1. Click on the Networking icon located in the Notification Area
2. Click on Open Network and Sharing Center
3. When the "Network and Sharing Center" opens, click on the Local Area Connection for the connection being used.
4. When the Local Area Connection Status window opens, click on the Details button.
5. Your IP address will be listed next to IPv4 address - in this case, 192.168.42.28
6. Click Close when you're done.
Method 2. Using the Command Prompt:
1. Click the Start Menu.
2. Type cmd into the Search Box.
3. Click on cmd listed below under Program
4. When open the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig/all into the command prompt window - usually after the C:Users\Computername> (User Name)
5. Your IP address will be listed next to IPv4 address - in this case, 192.168.42.28.