How to Add, Install or Replace RAM on a Laptop - If previously we have been trying to install RAM on a computer, This time I want to tell you a little about my experience How to Add, Install or Replace RAM on a laptop. Because a few days ago I just replace or rather increase the capacity of RAM my laptop. I just want to get the services and facilities faster than my laptop.
RAM (Random Access Memory) is a type of computer storage whose contents can be accessed in a fixed time not considering the location of the data in memory. RAM is usually used for primary storage (main memory) for use in the computer and change the information actively, although some tools use some type of RAM to provide long-term secondary storage (Wikipedia). Increasing the amount of RAM makes a computer more powerful computing power. Computers can run complex programs and working with large files.
Before you want to replace or add to the amount of RAM memory that is already there. There are a few things to my friend noticed, including the following:
1. Regarding the maximum memory that can be used or read. That is how most PC / laptop you can read Memory RAM. If a maximum of 8 GB of read only, so if you put 16 GB of RAM ever read / unused yes only 8 GB.
2. The type of memory that the processor supports. The purpose of the second point is the maximum speed of the RAM is specified DDR1, DDR2, or DDR3. Well kept how do we know how much RAM speed? That's what we need to know first. In a market that has been circulated RAM, we will find various types of RAM is PC8500 DDR3, PC10600, PC12800, PC15000. Here's a list of specs RAM:
The easy way, buy a different brand new RAM is okay but the same type. Automatic new RAM also has the same speed ...
3. As well as the support channel on our processor. For this issue, you can read the computer RAM Single Channel, Dual Channel, or Triple Channel. If only one, only you can replace larger.
Often there is a question "whether we can add RAM with different capacities in both slots, ie slots 1 installed 1 Gb and 2 Gb installed slot 2.?" The answer is very possible, as long as the new RAM/is added has a type, series and bandwidth is the same as the old RAM. As mentioned earlier. Why? Since my laptop is also different size RAM. This proves it:
If the conditions above are you understand and can you make out, then the next step is to start replacing or adding RAM. Of course, according to the maximum limit of the memory that can be embedded. Useless plug the big ones but unused memory (Memory Usage) only partially.
Immediately, the following steps:
1. Unplug all electrical current still flows into the laptop including laptop batteries loose ...
2. Open the RAM cover on the bottom of the laptop right next to the battery compartment. (every laptop has a different place).
3. If it is open, it will show there is one default laptop chip RAM installed in the slot.
4. Then simply plug the RAM to be added or replaced ...
5. Once installed, please close the RAM back to normal. And stay turn on the laptop as usual, due to the addition or replacement of RAM does not need any installation. See the results ...
6. RAM which was originally only 1 GB was increased to 3 GB ..
So that I can convey information about How to Add, Install or Replace RAM on a laptop. May be useful and good luck ...